Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

#2

So on Friday, silly me I forgot about QUOTE NIGHT! My sucky excuse is that I was going over to my friends house, but I bought my laptop with me! *slaps head* I suck at commitment oh dear.

Well even though I'm sleepy and have a lot of homework, here's a short quote for the night, and I promise to have a kick-ass one on friday instead I PROMISE.

"Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend."


This is one of my favourite quotes. Why? It is so damn true. Everyone goes through crap in their lifes, obstacles that make you want to snuggle into your covers forever. But those friends of yours will drag you out, kick some sense into you and slowly with their help you heal. And I am proud to say that I have two best friends who are there for me.
This post is actually dedicated to my closest friend, Duckiee. I guess she is my best friend, but I like to call her my sister, my other half. We meet when we were 1, and no it's not one of those stories where we were friends forever. Around year 5, we stopped becoming friends where I remembered she told me that she wanted to stop being friends. As I was little, I didn't really care. Actually, I think we both forgot about it haha. Then in year 7 I brought her to my church and it was awkward at the time, and we actually bonded through having hair competitions... You know them? It's when you yank one of your hairs out and see whos hair is the thickest. Anyway, we had a lot of fights with my other church friends (now that I think about it, Duckiee and me have never actually fought). The reason why I love Duckiee is that she doesn't care what I say, and I am be totally comfortable around her. I can yell at her, kick her, laugh with her, roll my eyes at her and she can do the same but we both won't mind. We have a little tiff, but then the next second we'll be making toasties. It's kind of as if we balance each other out. I take away her drama queeness with my seriousness, she makes me understand more of other people, and we both balance out each other's weirdness. We're both really different though, she's a year older for example, hypo, skinny, active, whereas I'm chubbier, quieter (no thats a lie, I actually don't know who's louder, it depends), more independent (I like to be alone sometimes), sarcastic. However we both support each other. I don't know how sick she must be of me ranting about a certain school friend, who I am actually really enjoying school with. I was in a kind of as not depressed but sad mood as you could be last year and she helped me. I'm helping her with her love life, the Jinny boy and I don't know how many times she has spazzed about him. But I have to admit- 'my life would suck without you.'

Now, on the other hand there is my official best friend, Jessie. Jessie and me have been bst friends since primary. We have the weirdest crazes ever, like pokemon, cartoons and now Harry Potter (ee! We're choosing what to wear when the movie comes out). We are such a good match, jokey, doodly, etc. I've always felt that we're more of a like, less serious intense best friends because I don't really talk to her about my problems. We go to different schools which is hard, but we ring a lot and we Facebook heaps. Yesturday we rang and she ended up crying, because this girl who she followed bitched about her on Tumblr, and I mean seriously, keep that shit to yourself! And although I usually find situations like this awkward, I didn't find it too much, and I felt really happy because I was one of te two people she told about this. Jessie although she might not know it, has also been a lot of help in the past. Last year, I kind of thought I was a freak (okay I am weird) because-well actually I still don't really know, it's hard to explain. Anyway, whenever I talked to her and Duckiee, I felt as if I had two great friends who looked over a weirdness, and saw someone who was real, that could be hurt sometimes. You know?

And that is why I love Duckiee and Jessie so much.
I seriously don't know who I would be without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A ramble of your thoughts about a ramble of my thoughts-