Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

A break from reality...

So it's 3:08am right now, and I really should be getting to sleep, but Im trying to not think about school, and so I started reading these series called the the Soul Screamers. I was looking for fantasy YA novels, when I came across this. Lately, just because I wanted to I've been thinking about writing a story. My story was kinda yet not like this, and these series sounded really unique, so I decided to try read them. And although they're not the best, I think it was pretty good and it got better later on.

Basically, there's this girl called Kaylee who screams when she knows someone's going to die soon. She's a banshee, onyl I cant think of the proper word, something like bean sdjfdsh, and yeah. it goes through her problems, and trials she has to go through which btw, is  A LOT.

Now for the romance part...
I didnt feel satisfied with the romance in book 2, and 3 halfway until I found out that (btw if you havent read this, SPOILER!) that Nash isnt really the good guy. You see, Nash is also a banshee, and although he's different from Kaylee, popular etc, he shares this one thing with her, that they are both banshees and helps her at the beginning when she is confused about her species. Then trouble strikes in book 3 when he takes this very addictive drug kinda thing from Netherworld, called demon breath which is basically the breath of a demon. A long story, but Nash gets hit by this breath accidentally and in 3/4 of the book in number 3, he lies to her for a whole month and has been secretly breathing this in although it doesnt affect him as much as it did to Scott and Doug because he is a banshee. Kaylee is upset, and damn right she should be! He lied to her, numerous times, compelled her by force to do things with him, more lying, gum eating to lie, and useed that creepy guy to go into ehr body when she was sleeping so he and Nash could organise when to meet up and get the demon's breath! Now, demon's breath is very addictive, and its hard once you start, but Nash is still to be blamed. There was one part that made me truely sad, when Nash confesses that in order to get the demon's breath, Nash had to trade his past emotions for the evil guy to 'eat.' In which case was his strongest emotions, with KAYLEE!!! So whenever he thinks of when they first kissed, etc he no longer remembers how it felt. This is truely sad, and I feel so sorry for Kaylee. And that ruins their relationship, because although they know they both love each other, Kaylee cant help but not trust him. Which reminds me, in the 3rd and 4th book especially, the people she has to trust (Alec, Nash etc) always KEEPS SAYING something along the lines of 'I promise you that this wont happen again', or 'I promise to help you' etc!!!! I think this was the author's point, that these words were slowly becoming meaningless to Kaylee becuase they were certainly meaningless and annoying epseically when nash said them! I'm not a Nath hater, I just dont know if I will forgive or forget what he has done.

In the 4th book, comes the trouble-Sabine, a living nightmare (literally.) She is a mara, which allows her to read people's fears and turn them into nightmares. She needs to feed on fear to survive. She is Nash's ex, or technically they never broke up. Its hard to explain, but practically she still loves him, and he loves her only as a best friend which still annoys Kaylee (of course! she stillloves him, and they have so many problems!). Sabine and Nash share stuff that Kaylee doesnt have with Nash, like he still has his past emotions of his memories with her , because HE DIDNT TRADE THEM, and he was her first. I still want him and Kaylee to get together, but there is another man I love...

And he is Tod, Nash older dead/well not really dead brother, who is a grim reaper / banshee and helps people's deaths or something like that. He isnt a ghost, but he can appear non visible, or visible to people that he wants to see him. He can go through walls, and is a cocky guy. Although he seems like a trouble maker, and dangerous in the previous books, he has a soft side when in the seond book he tries to save Addison, the girl he loves/loved (if my theory is correct...) from not having her soul captured. Although they failed, this showed Kaylee that a man could truely love a girl. I think that hopefully, Tod will slowly start liking Kaylee. In the 3rd book, only for a little, Tod's iris for the first time because he is usually in good control, changes colors. Banshee''s iris' change color when they are feeling a strong emotion. Although he use to always come and interuppt Nash and Kaylee, he comes up more in the 3rd book for Kaylee, becauase since he cant help Addison, he thinks he can help Kaylee. He cannot forgive what Nash did though. In the 4th book, although he came out far too less that what I liked, he support Kaylee a lot and had scenes with her that made me laugh. However, sadly there was no kapow, and instant love which I guess is reality although his iris nearly always changed when he was with kaylee but Kaylee couldnt think of what it was. He is there when Kaylee needs him, and I hope that there will DEFINATELY be more Taylee or Kod love later on! Nash isnt too bad, but I think Tod is a better catch, apart from well... he's kinda dead.

But no one said that life was easy, especially for Kaylee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A ramble of your thoughts about a ramble of my thoughts-