Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Tumblr

I'm sipping away my sorrows right now with... diet coke.
Actually I don't have any sorrows (not really) but whats better to take your sorrows away than diet coke and a good dose of blogging?
Ham. Damn I shouldn't have asked that rhetorical question. Ham, not cooked, and some peanut buttercups, manderines...
STOP. Anyway my point is that, I'm going to blog more often, because I need to take my stress of school. Oh yeah, school was pretty average today. Not bad, just a typical day. Some laughs, some irritations. Typicaaaal.
So here are my rambles for the day:

Why why WHY do I hate tumblr? Actually hate is a too strong word. I... despite tumblr a little. I like the pretty pictures, and basically everything. But why do I feel so strongly about it?
Idontreallyknow, but something makes me cringe whenever I see the supposedly 'unique' style of photos, of girls with long wavy hair with the jack union singlet and super ripped high wasted shorts and vintage background. I'm actual a big fan of vintage. But these people? It's seems like as if they... make a mockery to vintage things, making it old (like as in overused) and try too hard. Am I being too harsh? Well this is my blog so oh well. I don't know, it just really bugs me. (However, not as much as this person who make a tumblr on tumblr about hating tumblr.)
I heard that Tumblr didn't use to be like this, it was filled with people who used it as their hobby, something close to them yaddi dah. Now, they can hardly do whatever they want to do because so many people they know/hate do it, because it's the new 'big' thing.
I just read someones blog also about how they hate Tumblr, because of all the try hard people. What word did they use? Oh yes, 'hipster.' I feel sorry for the people who use Tumblr not because it is 'cool', but because it's important to them, where they can confide in not just some showy off place. Where it's kind of like a blog, a diary to them.
So the photography are fine, some amazing, and yeah. But please don't be a try hard and a fake.

P.S I HATE IT when people type or text 'k' or 'lol.' I mean, whathefrack? Laughing out loud? With a dot? What is there to laugh about? And how am I suppose to reply to that? You can see why I don't reply back often.

2 comments:

  1. I hate that! Why even bother to reply if all it's going to be is a "lol." or a "k." My personal favorite is the "oh." Then they get mad because YOU didn't reply...well actually they didn't reply first because you can't even consider that a reply! (sorry for the angry rant!)

    ReplyDelete

A ramble of your thoughts about a ramble of my thoughts-