Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Recommendations

Today I just went to church as usual, and mum was pissed because of who knows what. It was a pretty average church day really, nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty much what we did was play uno, get crazy and hit people. So instead I just want to talk about recommendations:

Lately, I've been influenced by my sister to not like pop music as much. I mean, I do still like it, but it's all the same stuff. I was on youtube, and I found a really cool artist called Clara Chung, who had an album out. My favourite songs are Offbeat and Wake up in Neverland. Listen up people, if you want to listen to some decent music, check her out. Another favourite of mine is a song by Auburn, called "Perfect Two." The lyrics are preeeetty cute:

You can be the peanut butter to my jelly
You can be the butterflies I feel in my belly
You can be the captain and I can be your first mate
You can be the chills that I feel on our first date

You can be the hero and I can be your side kick
You can be the tear that I cry if we ever split
You can be the rain from the cloud when it's stormin'
Or you can be the sun when it shines in the mornin'

Don't know if I could ever be
Without you cause boy you complete me
And in time I know that we'll both see
That we're all we need

Cause your the apple to my pie
You're the straw to my berry
You're the smoke to my high
And you're the one I wanna marry

Cause you are the one for me (for me)
And I'm the one for you for you (for you)
You take the both of us (of us)
And we're the perfect two

We're the perfect two
We're the perfect two
Baby me and you
We're the perfect two

You can be the prince and I can be your princess
You can be the sweet tooth I can be the dentist
You can be the shoes and I can be the laces
You can be the heart that I spill on the pages

You can be the vodka and I can be the chaser
You can be the pencil and I can be the paper
You can be as cold as the winter weather
But I don't care as long as we're together

Don't know if I could ever be
Without you cause boy you complete me
And in time I know that we'll both see
That we're all we need

Cause you're the apple to my pie
You're the straw to my berry
You're the smoke to my high
And you're the one I wanna marry...

And yeah! Super cute guitaring behind as well. I'm going to try and learn the tabs :)

Another group of recommendations I have are books- because I have a book over due (sshhh!) I couldn't borrow many books, but the four books I could get were Wish you were dead, Cathy's Book, Dreamland and Notes on a Near-Life experience.
First up: Wish you were dead is an interesting book, a thriller which has murder, mystery and depth to it. I really enjoyed this book, because it wasn't cliche and kept me going. And truthfully I really enjoyed the suspense and murder... not in a weird way. SO practically this book is about how this blogger starts writing about how she wishes this girl could die because she's a bitch, popular etc and the next day the girl disappears! Then the girl wishes for two other popular people to die, and they also disappear. The main character tries to find out what is going on before she or another friend of hers is gone. My type of book, 8/10

Cathy's Book is a book where you can not just finish the book and leave it, but you can ring up numbers to solve the puzzle. I really liked this book, because the main author of the diary Cathy Vickers, had humour, adventure and was an artist so her pages were filled with doodles which I found really pretty. Actually, it was this book which made me find this blog website, because I was looking up 'Doodling Diary' on Google and it came out with someone's blog who takes pictures of their Doodle Diary. Anways, the story starts off as Cathy being dumped by her boyfriend Victor and finding a needle prick on her hand which makes her curious about what it is so she stalks her boyfriend and sneaks into his house etc only accidentally getting in too deep with Victor's private life- he is an immortal (and please, not a vampire) which is why he broke up with Cathy, because he was going to have to watch her die one day. This is a very funny, action packed book. I rate it 8/10

Dreamland which i read just today didnt really catch me into the book though I'm pretty sure this wasnt the books fault, because I kept doing other stuff which distracted me. This book is about a girl who meets a guy who distracts her from her missing sister, sad mum etc and loves him... until he starts beating her up for talking to a guy for too long etc. This book nearly made me cry though which I guess is good, it's a moving and touching book so if you hate stuff like that stay away. Though this book was good, i prefered Sarah Dessen's other pieces of work better, like Just Listen, Along for the Ride and The Truth about Forever. I rate it a 7/10.

Finally, Notes on a Near-Life experience. I'm actually still reading this book, but what i can tell you is that it is very funny and witty :) It is about a girl  who talks bout her liking her brothers friend, how her parents are fighting, her little sister wants to pee like a guy, how her arch nemesis may be bulimic etc. It is very interesting and makes me laugh. However it isnt a book which wouldve immediately caught my attention so, 7/10.

I hope that would've made you interested in some books! When i get some new books I promise to tell you some other books~

So me and my really good friend Jenna* are just talking on Facebook about how sometimes you think of weird scenarios, like say your in a car and you imagine what would happen if you had a car accident, how it would affect you and not being able to walk for your whole life or being dead. Seriously though, has anyone out there ever had thoughts of the future like that? If you have, PLEASE comment on this post.
It would be much appreciated if we knew someone else who was as weird as us.

I was also going to talk about plastic surgery today and how i thought about it, but maybe I'll save that for any other day/post.
For now, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A ramble of your thoughts about a ramble of my thoughts-