Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Insomnia

-I guess I cant really call it insomnia, because I'm staying awake by choice, this is my first in ages for not sleeping before 1 and yeah. But might as well give it some drama to it while I'm describing it-

Today (or really yesturday), I went to the library with Jenna and June. It was certainly an interesting experience, but I'm not sure If I want to experience it again. It's not that it was bad, it was just... awkward? Then Jenna and I went to Glassons etc to find a dress but we were just mooching around, and I found this dress that I wanted so we were just looking around other places when I checked the time and I was like SHIT! Because it was 4:01 and the shops closed at 4. (btw mum is in toilet so I'm trying to be quiet...) We came to Glassons but the stupid blonde storegirl was like in this bitchy voice 'Soooooorrie, your not allowed to come in.' Ugh! (Dad just entered, but he just told me to go to sleep soon phew.) So we bused to Riccarton and  Jenna was like I wish a certain someone would come.... :D hahahahhaha. So I bought the dress from riccarton but I got two sizes bigger than I was suppose to because there were none left -___- but I might wear it to church! I didnt really do anything when I got home, oh! I did watch A Cinderella Story and though it's corny, typical etc you just gotta love it. Chad looks pretty hot in it too. Which reminds me of him in Freaky Friday... crack up XD anyway, that was good then I watched We Got Married which was cuteeee as usual, then Happy Together which I laughed in a lot. Then I read some books, and thats how I'm here right now.

I read the Uglies, the Pretties, and a bit of the Specials but for some reason I just could've get my head into it because I was skimming. It's basically about a future world where before the age of 16, people are called Uglies, ugly etc and then you get this surgery thing and become a Pretties and just have fun but theres more than meets the eye... Then I read the Dead is... series which are always good but like the series before I just could'nt get into it. Then I read As You Wish and omgosh, I found another amazing book. It is this book, where Viola is wishing to be loved, to belong and suddenly this genie appears and she finds out that she has three wishes she can use. Sounds weird, I know but it's actually good. The genie Jinn is just a typical genie, waiting for his master to hurry up so that he can go back home. But the relationship between them deepens, and the lines between master and servant blur and soon they treat each other the same. When Viola says her first wish, Jinn realises that this is not just another master, but begins to have feelings, something Jinn's dont do. He feels jealousy, disappointment and love. Soon Viola begins to see her feelings for him and they start to see each other differently. However they have to remember that after the third wish, Jinn will disappear and Viola will forget about him, as if he never existed... This is the book that made me concentrate, and wide awake. I loved this book, because it interested me with the genie and Jinn. It was good to read something I hadn't read before- a perspective of a genie who cant-shouldn't-fall in love with a mortal. Viola herself didnt interest me, it was the pair of them that made my heart beat furiously and create butterflies. I can actually still feel them right now, which I havent felt in ageeeees. I also got this aching thump whenever I read about Jinn's jealously etc and it was weird. Still got it. But I love how this has a happy ending, but it's not corny. Finally I can read a book without feeling 'empty' afterwards.... apart from it's after results of butterflies and strange feelings. It made me experience -do I dare to say it?- love. A awesome must-read book that I reccomend.

Well now after that huge ranting about it, now I'm going to be watching a korean movie called Speedy Scandal. I'll inform you on it soon!
(A few seconds later) well that was disappointing! So I downloaded it all, and then suddenly the stupid tingy goes weird so I have to download it again!
Well I guess I should say bye now, maybe come back on If I'm not asleep xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

A ramble of your thoughts about a ramble of my thoughts-