Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

#1

Today is Friday, and we all know what that means, don't we? Actually you probably wont, so here it is: FRIDAY MEANS QUOTE NIGHT! *does crazy dance around the room.* And today is my first quote, so please don't throw cream pies at me if you hate whatever I blog. I'm only writing what I think.

So today my quote is this:

"Music is a total constant. That's why we have such a strong visceral connection to it, you know? Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in your or the world, that one song says the same, just like that moment." 

 Oh, how true this quote is. I don't know, but I think to everyone, music means something to them. Like it might be a song you always crazily dance to, or maybe it's your every night lullaby, or maybe you shared this song with  your first love. Thats why music is so important, because it's so much more powerful that a few lyrics (or not) and a melody. It has the power to take you into time, 2, 4, 5 years into the past and take you to the time where maybe you first listened to that song, or shared a interesting memory with it. My friend was reading this book while she was listening to this song, and now every time she hears that song, it reminds her of the book. One of my songs on my playlist reminds me of this movie, about a romance between a guy and a girl which always got me to tear up. And there are so many other examples, which I just can't think of right now but they're there. Face it, music is a big impact on our lives.

For example, when your sad, maybe you like to listen to a little dancey pop music, like one of those songs that make you just want to leap up and jump about. Maybe, when you're angry you like to listen to heavy metal music to the loudest volume until you can't hear anything. And maybe when you feel stressed, you celebrate by listening to classical music because it relaxes you. See? Music is like a remedy, when your feeling  down, angry, or maybe even happy, something that takes you away from reality and just for those couple of minutes, where you can drown yourself into a song. There's a lot of opinions on music, pop, jazz, classic, etc but to be honest I don't think it really matters what type of music you like (yes, even those songs you can hardly call 'music') because it's that person who listens to it, not you. It's not you who likes to listen to it, who feels better each time they hit the rewind button. Its the person, and it only matters to them.

Well that's it for today! I'm sorry if it's shorter/longer than you wanted it, but I have to go. And be warned: there will be a lot of music quotes coming up!


(Oh yes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A ramble of your thoughts about a ramble of my thoughts-